- 2 chicken breasts or more if you have a larger slow cooker
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp dried oregano or to taste
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or to taste
- 5 tbsp unsalted butter 1 tbsp to sear the chicken and 4 tbsp for the slow cooker
- 2 small lemons juiced
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 oz cream cheese
- fresh parsley for garnishing
First, start by seasoning the chicken breasts with salt, ground black pepper, granulated garlic and oregano.
Chop and mince the garlic cloves and set aside for now.
Cut 1 tbsp of butter to sear the chicken in and cut the rest of the butter into smaller slices.
Add 1 tbsp of butter to a pan over medium high heat. Once the butter has melted, add the chicken and sear on both sides for 2-3 minutes just to give it some color.
Transfer the seared chicken breasts to the crockpot and add in the lemon juice, remaining butter slices and minced garlic cloves.
Close the lid and cook on high for 1 hour and 45 minutes or low for 3.5 hours.
Open the lid and add the cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir to combine and close the lid. Cook for 1 more hour on high or 2 hours on low or until the chicken is completely cooked through and has reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Finally, garnish with fresh parsley and serve over pasta, rice or veggies and enjoy!
- I used chicken breasts for this recipe, but you can easily substitute it for chicken thighs or even drumsticks. Chicken thighs and drumsticks may need to be cooked longer.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of your chicken breasts. If you’re using thinner slices of chicken, you’ll want to decrease the cooking time as needed.
- Make sure to use good quality cream cheese. Often times this makes a big difference in the taste of the dish.
Calories: 1126kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 55g | Fat: 98g | Saturated Fat: 58g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 445mg | Sodium: 1658mg | Potassium: 1055mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 3456IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 165mg | Iron: 1mg