First, start by cutting your pork belly into bite sized pieces. Each piece should be about 1 inch. If you want to save time, ask the butcher at your local grocery store to cut it for you before purchasing.
Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F for 5 minutes. You want the air fryer nice and hot when you place the pork belly bites in there.
In a bowl, squeeze lime juice over the chopped pork then pat dry with a paper towel. The pork should be very dry to ensure you achieve that crispy texture.
Next, season the pork belly with Sazon, salt, ground black pepper, baking soda and granulated garlic. Make sure to coat each piece of pork with the seasoning blend. Place the seasoned pork into the preheated air fryer in one layer and air fry for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F. I had fairly large pieces but if your pork bites are smaller, make sure to check on them at 25 minutes so they don't burn. Open the basket every 10 minutes throughout the cooking process and give everything a good shake. Finally, remove the pork belly bites from the air fryer, serve with a few slices of lime on the side and enjoy!
- It’s important that your pork is very dry before adding it into the air fryer. To achieve a crispy texture, you must dry all of the excess lime juice from the pork belly by patting it dry with a paper towel. I do this before adding the dry spices.
- The baking soda is optional but it will give you that crispy texture.
- I know that 45 minutes may seem like a long time but my pieces of pork were very chunky. If you have smaller pieces, I recommend checking on them at 25 minutes and only cooking until you have achieved your desired texture.
- When opening the air fryer every 10 minutes to shake the pork, some of the pieces may be stuck to the bottom of the air fryer. Use a wooden spoon to move the pork bites around if you need to.
- Air fry the pork belly bites in one layer at the bottom of the air fryer. If they don’t fit, cook in separate batches. I don’t recommend stacking them on top of each other.
- Always read your air fryer manual before using it.
Calories: 597kcal | Carbohydrates: 2g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 60g | Saturated Fat: 22g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 1381mg | Potassium: 249mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 16IU | Vitamin C: 3mg | Calcium: 10mg | Iron: 1mg