- 4 cups water 1 cup for the simple syrup, 3 cups for the lemonade
- 1 cup light brown sugar can be substituted for dark
- 1 cup lemon juice 6 large lemons
- ice cubes
First, start by making the homemade simple syrup. In a pan over medium heat, combine the brown sugar and 1 cup of water.
Stir throughout the cooking process to dissolve all of the sugar evenly.
When the sugar and water come to a rolling boil, reduce the heat to medium low.
Once the sugar and water mixture has thickened and resembles syrup (this may take about 15 minutes), remove from the heat and allow it to cool. I added a few ice cubes to the simple syrup for it to cool faster.
In a large pitcher, add lemon juice from freshly squeezed lemons, the rest of the water and the completely cooled simple syrup. Stir together to combine.
Add ice cubes before serving and enjoy.
- Be careful not to drop any lemon seeds into the lemonade when squeezing the lemons. I recommend using a citrus squeezer to make this process easier.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice to make this recipe.
- Make sure the brown sugar simply syrup has completely cooled down before adding it to the pitcher with the lemon juice.
Calories: 178kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 22mg | Potassium: 109mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 44g | Vitamin A: 3IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 45mg | Iron: 1mg