- 4 chicken thighs bone-in and skin on
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce or to taste
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 1 tsp granulated garlic or to taste
- 1/2 tsp onion powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika or to taste
- 1/4 tsp ground oregano or to taste
First, start by preheating the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
Use a paper towel to pat dry the chicken thighs.
Season with salt, pepper, paprika, granulated garlic, onion powder, oregano and cayenne pepper. Massage the seasonings all over the chicken thighs and under the skin.
Spray the inside of the air fryer with olive oil spray. Place the chicken in the air fryer skin side up and cook at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. Cook a little bit longer if the skin is not yet crispy. Transfer the thighs to a bowl and toss in bbq sauce, making sure to coat each piece of chicken. Place back in the air fryer and continue cooking at 375 degrees F for an additional 5-7 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees F.
Serve while still hot and enjoy.
- Cooking times may vary depending on the size of your chicken thighs. The best way to know if they are done is by measuring the internal temperature with a kitchen thermometer which should read 165 degrees F. If your thighs are very large, you may need to add additional cooking time over the 20 minutes of recommended time before adding the barbecue sauce.
- You may season to your liking. The seasoning blend used in this recipe is what my family likes but feel free to adjust.
- Make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken thighs if you’d like. Just make sure to reduce the cooking time, as boneless chicken cooks much faster.
Calories: 314kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 111mg | Sodium: 1036mg | Potassium: 336mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 344IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 24mg | Iron: 1mg