Pumpkin Muffin Ingredients
Pecan Streusel Topping Ingredients
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup pecans or more to taste
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F for 5 minutes. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, pumpkin pie spice and sugar. Combine the pumpkin puree, egg, vanilla extract, milk and oil in a separate bowl and mix.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix together until fully incorporated. Do not over mix.
Melt the butter for the streusel topping in the microwave in 20 second intervals.
In a separate bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, pumpkin pie spice, chopped pecans and melted butter to make the pecan streusel topping. Spray cupcake liners with non stick cooking spray and place them into the muffin pan. Use a cookie scoop to add the pumpkin muffin batter into the cupcake liners. Fill each liner about 3/4 of the way full.
Add about 1 tbsp or more of the streusel topping to the top of each muffin. Use a spoon to press the topping down a bit to ensure it nestles into the batter.
Transfer the pumpkin spice muffins to the air fryer and cook at 325 degrees F for 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Allow the muffins time to cool down a bit at room temperature before enjoying.
- Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick down the center of one of the muffins. If they’re done, the toothpick will come out dry. It’s fine if you see some crumbs clinging to it, however it should not have wet batter on it.
- Try this recipe with 1 cup of chocolate chips folded into the batter if you love chocolate. They also taste great with a little drizzle of vanilla or cream cheese icing.
- I used these individual air fryer muffin pans to make this recipe. You may also use one of these standard ones, just make sure they fit inside of your air fryer.
Calories: 281kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 3g | Fat: 12g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 6g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 103mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 23g | Vitamin A: 3325IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 2mg