Preheat the air fryer to 325 degrees F for 5 minutes. In a mixing bowl, mix together the boxed cake mix, water, oil and egg. Whisk together until fully combined. Spray the egg bite molds with non stick cooking spray. Use a small cookie scoop to transfer the donut batter into the egg bite molds. Fill only about 3/4 of the way full being very careful not to over fill. Transfer to the air fryer and cook at 325 degrees F for 8-10 minutes or until a toothpick inserted down the center of the donut holes comes out clean. Remove from the air fryer and allow them to cool completely before removing them from the egg bite molds.
Pour the white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl and microwave in 30 second intervals until fully melted. Make sure to stir in between each interval.
Top each chocolate donut hole with the melted white chocolate and sprinkles.
Give the white chocolate a little bit of time to dry and serve once ready.
- It is very important to allow the donuts to cool completely before removing them from the molds, otherwise they will fall apart.
- Cooking times may vary depending on which air fryer brand you own. Mine were ready in just 8 minutes but you’ll want to check for doneness by inserting a toothpick down the center of the donut holes and making sure it comes out clean. Dry crumbs are fine but there should not be any wet batter on your toothpick.
- Use good quality white chocolate chips or a white chocolate bar if you prefer.
- Do not over fill the mold as the donuts will rise as they cook.
- Always read your air fryer manual before using.
Calories: 155kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 9mg | Sodium: 142mg | Potassium: 90mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 14g | Vitamin A: 13IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 50mg | Iron: 1mg