- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 9 inch pie crust
- 1/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/4 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp granulated garlic
- 5 pickle slices or according to taste
- 2 tsp ketchup or according to taste
- 2 tsp mustard or according to taste
- 5 slices cheddar cheese or according to taste
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Roll out the pie crust dough over a floured surface using a rolling pin. Don’t thin it out, just make sure to roll out any cracks in the dough.
Spray the inside of the baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Place the pie crust inside of the baking dish, pushing it down into the bottom of the baking dish. Cut off any excess dough that remains around the sides of the dish. Use a fork to poke holes into the pie crust dough at the bottom of the baking dish. Bake the pie crust in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 3 minutes. Remove and set aside for now.
Finely chop the onion.
Add oil to a pan and heat over medium high heat.
In a bowl, combine the ground beef, salt, paprika powder, granulated garlic and oregano. Mix together to combine.
Transfer the ground beef and chopped onions to the pan and cook until the beef has browned completely. Drain excess fat.
Scoop all of the ground beef into the pie crust baking dish.
Top the ground beef with pickle slices and drizzle with ketchup and mustard.
Top the cheeseburger pie with slices of cheddar cheese. I broke up my last slice in order to cover any exposed corners.
Bake in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden and the cheese is fully melted.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
- Baking the pie crust for a few minutes before cooking the cheeseburger pie will ensure the pie crust comes out flaky and buttery instead of soggy.
- Add additional toppings to your liking, such as sliced tomatoes, crispy bacon and shredded lettuce.
- You'll probably have some excess pie crust to cut off from the edges of the baking dish depending on the size of the dish you're using.
- Alway read your air fryer manual before using it.
Calories: 938kcal | Carbohydrates: 54g | Protein: 37g | Fat: 63g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 4g | Monounsaturated Fat: 26g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 125mg | Sodium: 1587mg | Potassium: 522mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 488IU | Vitamin C: 2mg | Calcium: 362mg | Iron: 5mg