- 1.5 lbs chicken breast boneless, skinless
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- 3 tsp salt
In a bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, salt and hot sauce.
Transfer the chicken breasts to the buttermilk marinade and cover. Refrigerate for a minimum of 1 hour.
Add at least 2 inches of oil to a large pot and heat to 350 degrees F.
In a bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, white pepper, celery salt, granulated garlic and paprika powder.
Remove the chicken breast from the buttermilk marinade allowing the excess to drip off before transferring to the seasoned flour.
Coat each chicken breast completely with the flour then transfer to the hot oil and deep fry for 15-20 minutes, flipping the chicken throughout the process. Don't over crowd the pan. The fried chicken is ready once a kitchen thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the breast reads at least 165 degrees F. Transfer the chicken to a plate or wire rack and blot with a paper towel to absorb the excess oil.
Garnish with fresh parsley and serve with your favorite side dish or make a chicken sandwich and enjoy.
- Use a deep frying thermometer to ensure the oil reaches a temperature of 350 degrees F before frying the chicken.
- Don't over crowd the pan, otherwise the oil temperature will drop. I fried 2 breasts at a time.
- The recommended seasoning measurements should be adjusted according to personal taste.
- I find my chicken to be extra crispy if I blot the excess oil using a paper towel after it’s done cooking.
Calories: 367kcal | Carbohydrates: 28g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 156mg | Sodium: 4142mg | Potassium: 783mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 3g | Vitamin A: 215IU | Vitamin C: 5mg | Calcium: 93mg | Iron: 2mg