- 1 lb chorizo sausage raw, in casing
Preheat the air fryer to 380 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Slice the chorizo sausages into 2 inch thick slices.
Transfer the sliced sausages to the air fryer and cook at 380 degrees F for 10-12 minutes or until fully cooked, flipping halfway. You'll know the chorizo is done when the internal temperature reaches a minimum of 160 degrees F.
Serve with scrambled eggs and some sliced avocado on the side and enjoy.
- Make sure to buy raw chorizo in the casing that must be cooked before consuming. Some brands sell the chorizo already cooked which will not work for this recipe.
- Slicing the sausages results in a more even cooking but they can be air fried whole if you prefer. However, it may take longer for them to be done.
- Monitor the chorizo after the first 7 minutes of cooking because some air fryer brands will cook faster than others.
- Always read your air fryer manual before using it.
Calories: 366kcal | Protein: 21g | Fat: 30g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 160mg | Sodium: 3337mg | Vitamin A: 1143IU | Vitamin C: 41mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 2mg