- 2 lbs kielbasa sausage fresh
- 1/2 cup light beer or water
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- green scallions for garnishing
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Slice the kielbasa sausage into 1/2 inch pieces and transfer to a 9×13 baking dish. Pour beer into the baking dish with the sausage in it. Or replace the beer with water if you prefer.
Bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes.
In a bowl, combine the bbq sauce, sweet chili sauce and brown sugar. Whisk together to combine. Remove the sausage from the oven and pour the bbq, sweet chili sauce over the kielbasa. Toss to combine and completely coat the sausage in the sauce.
Increase the oven’s temperature to 400 degrees F and transfer the sausage back to the oven. Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the sauce thickens, creating that candied effect.
Remove from the oven and top with chopped green scallions if desired and serve immediately.
- Replace the beer with water if you prefer.
- Line the baking dish with aluminum foil for easier clean up.
- This recipe was made with fresh kielbasa sausage. If using pre-cooked sausage, the cooking time will have to be reduced significantly and only baked until the sauce thickens.
Calories: 315kcal | Carbohydrates: 75g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 1377mg | Potassium: 190mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 68g | Vitamin A: 160IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 36mg | Iron: 1mg