- 1 large onion yellow or sweet vidalia
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
Peel the onion and slice pieces into about 1/4 of an inch thick.
Transfer the sliced onion into a mixing bowl and add olive oil and salt.
Toss the onions to completely coat in the oil and salt mixture.
Transfer to the air fryer and cook at 350 degrees F for 12-15 minutes, opening the air fryer every 4-5 minutes to shake or toss the onions so they cook evenly.
Top your favorite burger or sandwich and enjoy.
- This recipe works well with yellow onions or sweet vidalia onions.
- Make sure to shake or toss the onions throughout the cooking process for even cooking.
- Add additional spices according to taste. Sometimes I sprinkle some of this KFC spice blend on top of my air fried onions.
- Cooking time may vary depending on your air fryer’s brand, adjust accordingly.
- Always read your air fryer manual before using it.
Calories: 124kcal | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 2326mg | Potassium: 1mg | Calcium: 2mg | Iron: 1mg